Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Now You're Cookin' With Gas

I'm not much of a kitchen man myself... just ask Jen, but there's something about cooking outside that I just love. Maybe it's the primal male instinct that draws us to an open flame in the fresh air of nature, but I love cooking meals and prepping food when I'm camping.
I'm sure one of the big reasons is that you never have anything better to do when you're camping, so you can enjoy yourself. At home, preparing a meal keeps you from doing all those other little things that need to be done.
Another reason I like it is for the toys... Propane stoves, Camping Gas burner elements... and the mother of all toys... FIRE! I also get to play with sharp knives and eat full meals of meat and meat by-products, if I so choose. It's perfect.
It has to be said though, that Mike Brubacher is the only man who should be cooking breakfast. That's just a general statement too. I don't just mean camping, or at the cottage, I'm talking any time and anywhere. He's got 'the touch'.