Friday, May 14, 2004

Bump, Set, Spike
I would like to apologize to Mother Nature for yesterday's post. Ma'am, although your heatwave has inconvenienced me in many ways, it made for some kickass conditions for beach volleyball yesterday. Warm sand and hot sun were only beat out after sundown by a brisk lake wind and some light fog, which made things a little chilly... relatively.
As for the actual games, we (The Underhands, as we're known professionally) played pretty well, all things considered. We won 2 out of 5 games... our last two. It took many of us some time to let our limbs remember how to play sports, and Jana needed about 20 minutes to regain sight after I wailed her in the head on a mid-dive collision. She's fine now, but we'll have to wait for the CAT Scan results.
I wasn't quite the Beach Volleyball Player I'd hoped I'd be, but I played a little bit better than I expected, and I got sand wedged into all the right places. All in all, I think it's going to be a great season.