Thursday, May 13, 2004

April Showers bring May Heatwaves
That's right... for those of you in Southern Ontario, you already know what I'm talking about. Three days of unseasonably warm weather (well over 10 degrees above normal) have made us all believe that summer is already here, but let me remind everyone that just two years ago, it snowed on May 24th...
Last night marked the official opening of "The Dude Ranch Patio" (our balcony), where we sat in our new lawn chairs (courtesy of Par's parents) and sipped at some cool libations (beer and some sort of vodka drink I invented... after drinking beer). For the first time in about six months, I could sit comfortably outside wearing shorts and a light sweater, but the whole time I was looking over my shoulder... just to make sure that Mother Nature wasn't going to sneak attack me like she did to most of the Prairies this week.

Here's a dramatic presentation to demonstrate...
"Hi. I'm Mother Nature. I'm all sweet and stuff. Here, take this nice weather... a little earlier than usual even." (Mother Nature hands over temps in the high teens and clear skies for a few weeks)
"That's pretty sweet, eh guys? Well, I got stood up for my prom, so I guess I'll take it out on you now." (The temp drops below zero and inches of snow fall)
"Oh, and I gained a lot of weight over the winter. I really only have myself to blame, but I'd rather not, so I'm going to pin this on... hmm... let's say... ah... Winnipeg!" (Winnipeg gets pounded with a winter storm)

I'm no Scientician, but I'm pretty sure that's how it all went down.